Tuesday, April 25, 2006

A note from another director on Aristophanes

Audra:
Sounds as if you had a successful production. I've always thought Aristophanes was meant to be a little baffling, thought-provoking, controversial, all the things we've said about it. And I know that theatre is supposed to be all of those things.

In this age of realism and representational drama, if you veer off the literal path you might encounter some bumpy roads. So be it, I say. I did that with Inherit the Wind and will with JC; Wait Until Dark was meant to be representational, so it was what it was.

You say you might get this down (directing). Let me know if/when you do; I've been at it for a while now, and am still amazed at all I don't know (as are my audiences).

Best wishes,
Patrick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home